Thursday, April 24, 2008

ECCC Sketches!

One of the things I look forward to the most about ECCC is the chance to have some of my favorite artists do some cool sketches. I think it's close enough to the con to start geeking out about it, so I thought I'd share some of the art I've had done for me there over the past couple of years...if anyone has any they'd like to share I'd love to see them!


Mark Bagley is one of the few guys I'd stand in line 3 hours for, and surprisingly I did. I was behind a giant who was talking the whole time about how his wife was on her death-bed in the hospital but really wanted him to be there to get a sketch from Bagley. Don't think he didn't tell Mark this (and everyone in line), but something just wasn't right about the story.
Still, I got what I wanted...."BATTLE DAMAGED ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN"!






I first came across Dustin Nguyen's work during his run on WILDC.A.T.S. a few years back, and I loved how he drew GRIFTER. When I was 11, I made a mask like his with the intent to sneak out of my parent's house and and fight crime. I'm not laughing.




I love Y: THE LAST MAN, and I do even more after artist Pia Guerra did this quick sketch for me when all I asked for was her autograph!





Besides getting a sketch from Mark Bagley, my goal for ECCC 2007 was to get something done by "THE BOYS" artist Darick Roberston. You can imagine my sadnes when after approaching him was told that he wouldn't be sketching at the con! He asked me my name and after hearing it went off about how "Kyle" was his nickname from a time in his life when he was squatting with a bunch of strippers. Weird story, but I guess it brought back good memories because he offered to draw something really quick for me on a comic backing board. Former intern Ian was pissed and that made it that much more of a score!

No comments: