Friday, April 24, 2009

The Medieval Faire and you


When I was younger, I used to love going to the local Ren Faire. (I grew up in So Cal) It was always a great day for me. The food, the costumes, the crafts. I enjoyed it all. However, when I moved to Alaska, the Ren Faire became just a memory of my youth.

What does all this have to do with you, you ask? I'm glad you asked! ;)

I was told by a customer this week of the Camlann Medieval Village. Located between Carnation and Duvall, this place has been operating for almost 30 years. Upon looking it up on the 'net, I got to wondering if there were any other Ren Faire's operating in the Puget Sound area. And lo, there were!

The Washington Renaissance Fantasy Faire. It used to happen in Gig Harbor but it's found a new home in Buckley.

While not a Renaissance Faire, Rusty Scupper's Pirate Daze sounds pretty fun as well.

What I want to know, is anyone besides me interested in getting a Comic Stop "field trip" organized this summer? Hit one or all these for some geek culture fun? Let me know what you think.

1 comment:

Dr. Zoltar said...

I know of the So Cal Renn Faire you speak of (it was in San Bernadino if I recall correctly). That place was huge and you could lose yourself all day just wandering around.

I'm game for a Comic Stop field trip. I have a Greek peasant outfit I can dig out of storage. I've been to both of the PNW Renn Faires you mention. I wonder if Kentaberry Faire still happens each year as well.